Meditation is the practice of centering one’s self to a higher consciousness. It is connected to spirituality but also helps with blood pressure, heart conditions, anxiety and depression.
At TJF we believe that meditation helps our patients in their endeavour to health and wellness as the practice has a calming and soothing effect. Many accounts from people that choose to practice meditation confirm results in joy, peace, calmness and positivity.
Meditation is scientifically proven to be beneficial to both physical and mental health in general.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behaviour
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
For mental well being, the brain promotes healing with regular meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity and happiness increases
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
TJF offers complimentary weekly meditation session every Sunday evening with The School of Sufi Teaching in Malaysia, and is open to everyone despite belief systems. Please contact the TJF clinic to find out more.